Shorter sales cycles, savvier buyers, and increasing pressure to grow both revenue and margins are taxing CSOs and senior sales leadership. To help lighten the load, sales enablement – distinct from sales operations – is emerging as an essential function in successful companies.
CSO Insights’ 2015 Sales Optimization Enablement Survey highlighted some of the sales trends that are driving the move to sales enablement. According to survey respondents:
- The percentage of sales people making quota has dropped 5 percentage points since 2012
- In spite of this, almost 95% of companies are raising sales goal
- A quarter of companies have a dedicated sales enablement function
- 7% are planning to develop a sales enablement function in the near time
- Companies with separate sales enablement function were 10% more successful in attaining their revenue plan
PROS recently joined CSO Insights’ Jim Dickie for a webinar that explored trends from the 2015 survey, insights on how to adopt to changing buying behaviors, as well as some of the sales technology that is powering the move to full sales enablement capabilities. View the on-demand recording.