Revenue Growth: Where to Focus?
Due to narrow margins, volatile commodity prices, limited visibility into the effectiveness of spend, slow reactions to market changes, lengthy quote turnaround times, and the rise of digital selling, food companies are looking to the power of digital technologies.
To win profitable business and hit aggressive growth targets in an ever-changing and challenging market, food companies must unlock the power of digital technology. Yet, food industry business and technology leaders both face the same problem: where to focus?
The new competitive strategy in the digital era is one based on creating an exceptional experience for customers, so they stay away from competitors. Therefore, the best place to harness the power of digital transformation is to focus on the process of delivering the best possible buying experience to customers. In other words, to transform the process of selling.
In this Solutions Brief, You Will Learn How the PROS Commerce Platform Enables You to Address the Following Challenges:
- "We can’t easily measure the effectiveness of our spend. "
- "We find it difficult to keep up with changing market conditions and the competition."
- "We’re under pressure to hit revenue targets but don’t know what opportunities to pursue."
- "We often offer high discounts and that’s killing our profits."
- "With thousands of SKUs, we can’t keep prices relevant or consistent across channels. "
- "We need to improve our lengthy pricing cycles. Our customers can’t easily and quickly do business online with us."
- "Large quotes take a while for us to deliver which affects the customer experience."
- "With hundreds of customers to manage, we can’t give them the experience they expect."
PROS in the Food Industry
PROS uniquely delivers both the breadth of technology and the depth of practical experience in transforming the end-to-end sales process to meet the demands of food, beverage, agriculture, ingredients, and dairy companies. Food manufacturers, distributors, and service operators in the digital economy partner with PROS to leverage deeper insight to increase revenue; efficiently and effectively execute their pricing strategy; and streamline and improve their customers’ buying experience. After 35 years working with over 30 different industries, and partners like the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA), PROS continues to pioneer data-science strategies to partner with and support food companies’ success. The AI-powered PROS commerce platform for the food industry includes insight and analytics, price optimization and management, and digital selling and quoting solutions.